Make your own edible modelling paste the easy way with Squires Kitchen Instant Mix Mexican Paste.
Just add water to make a non-sticky paste that gives a fine, firm finish, making it perfect for figure modelling, bas relief work and moulded decorations. The handy resealable pack keeps the mix fresh once opened and any leftover paste can be kept and frozen for your next project.
Sugar; Glucose; Thickener: Gum Tragacanth
ALLERGY ADVICE: May contain traces of nuts.
DIETARY GUIDE: No gluten-containing ingredients & Suitable for vegetarians.
Unmixed: Store in a cool, dry place away from moisture. Mixed: Place in a polythene bag and store in an airtight container. Use within a month. The paste can also be cut into portions and frozen
- Sift the contents into a bowl
- Add 30ml cooled, boiled water. Mix to a soft paste (It is important to use the correct measure of water)
- Owing to the higher proportion of gum, allow 12 hours for the water to be fully absorbed
- Place in a polythene bag and store in a plastic container
- When ready to use, break off small amounts and knead well until smooth and elastic
- To make clothes for figures, mix half and half with sugarpaste