Introducing Our Policy
Types of Data We Collect
It is widely believed that cookies improve browsing and shopping when they revisit a website. The data that is stored on your computer acts only as a reminder to a web browser that the user has been here before and helps to tailor the experience accordingly. Some examples of how we use them at The Vanilla Valley include;
- Saving usernames/passwords for quick access to user accounts
- Storing items in the shopping basket to allow users to navigate around the website without it resetting
- Allowing the user to navigate away from the website a whilst continuing to hold basket items
- Collect data concerning the “journey” around the website by a user. This includes pages viewed, products bought and general website interaction
*Please not that this is not an exhaustive list but rest assured that we do not share any of this cookie data with third-parties.
So that we can process orders effectively, we must gather some personal information from our customers. This will include;
- your name and title
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your password
- when you make a purchase with us, your payment card details (Please note, we do not store card details on our system. Payment information is deleted immediately after payment has been confirmed)
- your communication and marketing preference
- your location
The domain www.thevanillavalley.co.uk, all sub-domains and re-directs are monitored by a third-party service called Google Analytics. This service tracks and reports user interaction with our website and supplies us with a wealth of information on how to best optimise our website and its interaction with Google searches. On top of this, Analytics gives insights into how users found our website, the way it is navigated and general e-commerce conversions. Specific user information is not stored with analytics and we do not provide Google with any specific personal details that they could use in alternative advertising. We use Analytics only as way of providing a better user experience for our customers
When anyone signs up for an account or goes through the checkout process, they are asked if they would like to be contacted in future regarding our services. This applies to future mailouts regarding products and offers and not general correspondence such as order information. Our aim is only to keep interested customers involved in new things happening at The Vanilla Valley and not to send unrequested spam emails to anyone that shops with us.
It is also important that we can provide information to our account customers at various points throughout the year. However it is completely at the users discretion as to whether they receive these emails or not.
We are not in the business of bothering people or filling up mailboxes with unwanted or unread emails. We hope our emails contain interesting product information, offers or useful account information. If our customers don’t agree then we completely respect their decision to unsubscribe.
Access to your Personal Information
Anyone that has their personal information stored with us is entitled to view, amend or delete it at any point. It is your information and you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. If you have an account with us, it is possible to log in and change the contact information yourself. Alternatively, you can send and email to email@example.com and mark it for the attention of The Data Protection Officer.
Changes to this Privacy Notice